Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Parts Update Info

Hello again,
I had a couple of things that I either forgot to mention or have learned since my earlier posts, so I thought I should share.

 I recently realized that I forgot to mention having to replace the Ford Fuel Filler Neck Seal when I installed the fuel tank.    Luckily Ford used this seal on several different models, so they are fairly easy to find.  The seal part# is E1AZ-9072-B, and I purchased mine from Amazon for around $15 with shipping.


It was a fairly tight fit, but I am pretty sure that it was supposed to be.  I had to put a little oil on it to get the filler neck to slide in, but I don't think that will hurt anything.  

I also heard from a fellow Granada enthusiast that a stainless fuel sending unit from a 1971-74 Ford Maverick will fit the Granada's gas tank.  It is a good bit cheaper than the route that I took since you can get them off of ebay for around $75-$100.  He purchased one for his Granada and found that it did work perfectly.   Hopefully that will help someone out who may stumble upon this!

No comments:

Post a Comment